Sunday, December 10, 2006

Reform CA

This was our fist time at Reform CA near Callaway Power Plant. Matt kicked the first rabbit up just as we turned a corner. It ran down along the fence row and cut in about half way down. Chip got on the scent and drove the rabbit north. Matt went down to the end of the row and I followed the dog along the fence. As we neared the end of the row the rabbit tried to double back when I shot it. One round, one rabbit. The second rabbit was not an easy one to get. We think Chip got him up way back in the corner of the field on the east. Drove him west down into another field and then south. Matt got him up again and he crossed back east. I came around the east side of the tree grove and saw the rabbit sneaking through the weeds. I was too far away but took 3 shots anyway, I didn't get it. I went east of where I thought the rabbit was and then Chip came over, got it up again and chased it back towards Matt. Matt shot it and Chip finished it off. 7 shots, one rabbit. It was a good day.
TEMP: 30° F - 50° F
TIME: 8:00 - 10:00
CONDITIONS: Snow and Ice on the ground. Frozen in the morning and starting to thaw as afternoon approached.

No comments: