Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mississippi River - Alton Pool (Pool 26)

First time out by myself. Got on the water around 9:00. Air temp was 60F with overcast skies. Sun poked threw every now and then. Electronics showed a rising barometer most of the morning and then switched to steady. Ran up to Cuivere Slough and headed up in a creek. It was 8' deep at the mouth but got deeper as I went back. 11' was about as deep as it got. Started throwing a blue jig w/a blue craw trailer at flooded timber, then switched to a shad rap along the edges of the creek channel. Water was out of the banks so I tried to keep it along the edge of the flooded timber. Had something bump it, but nothing other than that. Then I switched to a white spinner w/a bleeding hook, but nothing on that either. Then I made a run to Woodland Marina. On my way there I hit 67 @ 5300 going down river in a little chop. I was pretty stoked about it. I think I can get more out of her, but so far so good. Threw a shad rap and a jerk bait up in Woodland. Nothing. Water temp in the creek was 54F at Woodland it was a bit off of that at 52F. Water is still up, but falling.

No comments: