Monday, June 22, 2009

Mississippi River - Pool 26 (Winfield Slough)

Got back out on the Mississippi River on Sunday morning. Put the boat in at Riverside around 6:00AM and ran north to Windfield. Fished the slough next to the Windfield dam. There were a few bank fishermen that said they weren't doing any good. I mainly fished the rip-rap that forms the bridge base and then I fished under the bridge. Had a couple hard thumps, but couldn't get anything to take the bait. Fished a chat spinner and a white spinner, a green and chart crank and a black/chart craw. The plastic is what got the thumps. I was suprised to find 12+ feet of water under the bridge. The rest of the area is fairly shallow (under 9 feet) but the bridge is deeper. After a while I ran back down to Pole Star (seems to be the go-to spot) and worked my way in there with a spinner. Talked to another guy fishing who had not caught any bass. He was using a jig and a spinner. Started to continue back but saw two other boats fishing in there so I called it quits and headed for home. Another skunked day on the river.

3 comments:

Jeff Moore said...

Is that a new Skeeter sticker in your rear glass? Officially team Skeeter know!

Cameron Denison said...

Know? It is a Skeeter sticker. You have to have a logo on your tow vehicle as part of the "Real Money" program. This was the free one they send you. Of course, I don't fish tournaments, so I don't really need it, but what the hell. -cld

Jeff Moore said...

I meant to write..."Officially Team Skeeter now!" Either way you are the (k)new poster boy. jm